Monday, December 15, 2008

Blog Thoughts

I've been considering some changes to my blogs for some time, and it's time to write them down. This is going to be stream-of-consciousness stuff mostly, so if you are going to muck about in this with me you might want to take off your shoes and roll up your pants (otherwise you are going to get my messy thoughts all over your clothes).

I had a great time during the election when a good topics were low-hanging fruit, but this also distracted me from my purpose (such as it is) of humorous commentary on science and statistics. This was not intended to be a political blog, but I have come to the realization that some of my topic are politics (ID, among others) so I should admit that politics/opinion will have a large part to play here. ID itself is a topic I'd like to leave behind - except that I'm not quite done with it yet (I have a take on Irreducible Inanity Complexity Inanity, and a Bozo Behe book to bomb) so there will be a few more posts like this. Of course, I'll always be happy to link to others efforts along these lines.

New Topic: I will be starting a series on posts on aging issues. This has become an important personal issue for me over the past few year, and I think I can contribute useful opinion on a personal and professional basis. Expect a few outright rants on this topic too.

I'm considering some chances to the general appearance of the blog; some color adjustments and perhaps a new banner. I have a secret dream of commissioning Phil Foglio to create a banner and associated icons/images for me. That would be WAY cool.

I have created a new email address for the purpose of blog related management and communications; TomatoAddict42 (presumably Tomato Addicts 1 through 41 have already succumbed to the ill effects). I will monitor this new email from my regular Gmail, so this should be a transparent change.
I may start also posting on others blogs as "Tomato Addict". It's not like I really need another online handle, or that I want to conceal my identity, but in order to establish myself as a blogger I think it helps to have a unique identifier (and "Dan" is far from unique).

I'm also hearing really good things about Wordpress, but having just got settled in on Blogger I'm not ready to pick up and move.

There is one final small addition; I've added my Favicon to my post template so it can appear at the end of every post, as I've always intended.

4 comments:

  1. TomatoAddict42 - is that a bit like Formula 49? Or Plan 9 from Outer Space?

    Actually I think that it's what you get when you multiply TomatoAddict6 by TomatoAddict9...but only in TomatoAddictBase13 of course...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have correctly discerned the Hitchhiker's Guide connection (Plan 9 FOS would be a great name for a blog too, but I'll leave it for someone else). Besides, who wants to be a TomatoAddict2?

    The other reason for the new address is so I can eventually set up separate profiles for each blog (boring blog administration stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I win a prize....a new towel, perhaps????

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You win a full set of Holly Stemware!!

    ReplyDelete