Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ESCAPED!!! (Winged, and not at all dangerous)


Escaped on July 19th, 2010, in the vicinity of Greenway Terrace and Empire Drive, Waukesha, WI. We call him “Bird”, a Male Cockatiel, Common Grey in color, 14 years old with full flight feathers, small metal band on right leg. He is unlikely to respond to calls, but he may call to people if he wants attention.




Should you spot this bird, please call 262-565-3463 as soon as possible, so we can try to retrieve him (or email to EastwoodDC AT gmail.com). He is semi-tame, but not used to being handled by strangers, and may fly away if not approached carefully.




If you feel you must try to capture him yourself, one person (an adult!) should approach slowly and offer a finger for him to step onto. You can the then clasp your hands over his wings or wrap him in a towel, until you can transfer him to a secure container. Trying sneak up and throw a towel over him will only scare him away.

I realize that posting this on the internet is a real longshot, but just maybe someone will spot him and Google "Lost Cockatiel".
Dread Tomato Addiction blog signature

3 comments:

  1. I will set Natalie, Sienne, and the Frumious Bandersnatch on his trail immediately! Catsnax!
    Thank goodness they live a bit out of your bird's range.
    I hope you get him back, and in fine health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your bird back. I had a cockatiel just like that when I was a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friends. I've got posters up and the neighborhood kids are on alert, so just maybe I'll get lucky and someone will spot him.

    ReplyDelete