Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wisconsin Wildlife

I got a surprise this morning when I stepped into the kitchen to make breakfast.
From DTA: Hawk1
With a bit a research this evening, I discovered this is most likely a juvenile Sharp Shinned Hawk. [Update: I am informed this is more likely a Red-Tailed Hawk]

From DTA: Hawk1
This adds new meaning to "watching you like a hawk."

Then something really amazing happened. A curious squirrel came right up the the hawk to investigate it. We were astounded that a squirrel would be so bold, and of course just a moment before the camera battery ran out. I scrambled for the spare, but by the time I got back it was too late.

Then I got really lucky ...
From DTA: Hawk1
The squirrel came back! Hawk versus squirrel round two allowed me take some really cool pictures of these two interacting. See the full gallery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment